A springtime trail celebration to benefit GVLT.
Gurgling streams winding through aspen groves, mallards lifting off into the bright blue sky, smiling Bozemanites strolling beneath towering cottonwoods—these are the sights and sounds that await those who venture into Bozeman's Main Street to the Mountains trail system. With nine miles of trails between Kagy and Goldenstein, and 50 miles between Main Street and the national-forest boundary south of town, there are countless acres of open space to explore.
Hike, run, or ride the southside trails, fuel up at Sola Café, and take a photo with an issue of Outside Bozeman. Each meal purchase and photo sends a buck to GVLT. It's a springtime celebration in support of the Gallatin Valley Land Trust (GVLT), the organization responsible for the creation and maintenance of these and other in-town trails.
1. Sola meal purchase must be at least $7 to qualify for the one-dollar donation.
2. Photo must be taken on southside trails. Upload photos below.
3. Event runs from the second Saturday in May through the end of June.
4. Kickoff celebration Saturday, May 10, 10am-2pm at Sola Cafe on the corner of Kagy & S. 3rd. Enjoy free beverages, snacks, trail maps, and more.
5. Best photo wins a nose-dive into the Outside Bozeman Treasure Chest.
Note: Photos may be used by GVLT, Sola Cafe, and Outside Bozeman for promotional purposes.
Grab a few friends and head to Sola Cafe for breakfast, then hit the trails. Photo by Tyler Call.
Map © Gallatin Valley Land Trust 2014
Follow streams along fields of timothy and wheatgrass, in the shadow of towering cottonwood forests.
- O/B Store