How Far Will You Go?
Knee-deep in Central American rivers, scuba diving the South Pacific, combing the streets of European cities... intrepid Outside Bozeman readers once again ranged far and wide, O/B in hand, sending in fantastic photos of their adventures along the way. Taking top honors this round is Kameron Kelsey, who snapped a cool pic high above Machu Picchu in the mountains of Peru, after an epic five-day trek along the Salkantay Trail. A special shout-out goes to Ryan and Kelli Merkel, who didn’t go all that far, but who poached a closed trail to get engaged below a cascading stream deep in the Hawaiian jungle—that’s just our style. Thanks to everyone who entered, and to everyone else: don’t forget to pack O/B along on your next trip.
Kameron Kelsey: Machu Picchy, Peru
Ryan & Kelli Merkel: Hawaii
View a gallery of the Summer 2013 finalists here.
View a gallery of the Spring 2013 finalists here.
- Submit your photo(s) below, along with the location and a description if necessary. If you have a story (recommended), upload a Word document at the bottom of the form.
- Photo should be with the most recent issue; but we welcome images with any cover.
- All photos must be submitted one month before print date. Print dates are (roughly) 3/15, 6/15, 9/15, and 12/15.
- Photos should be high-resolution, at least 300 dpi at roughly 5"x7". JPEG only, please.
- Please include your email address and phone number.
- No altered photos. Do not let the wonders of Photoshop tempt you. (We'd love to see what you come up with and we may publish the photo, but you won't win.)
- Use your imagination! Winning photo may be farthest distance from Bozeman, coolest image, best story/photo combination, best use of magazine, largest number of scantily-clad women in picture, etc.
- Winner will be announced in each issue; he or she gets to stop by the office and fish through the fabled O/B Treasure Chest. Good luck!
- O/B Store